While it used to be the case that not drinking alcohol meant you were left with very few options, thankfully for us ladies, this is no longer the case! We are no longer restricted to the usual suspects of non-alcoholic beer and wine (otherwise known as grape juice!), soft drinks or high-sugared ‘mocktails’, which were quite uninspiring and also très ennuyeux.
With numerous brands on the market offering non-alcoholic spirits- being able to create a chic, classic, non-alcoholic cocktail is now a reality. Perfect for injecting some sophistication into date nights, virtual celebrations or mid-week tipples in the comfort of your own home.
Here are 5 chic cocktails to drink when you are not drinking. Enjoy!
Recommendation; investing in a non-alcoholic version of your favourite spirits, will mean you can recreate your drink of choice at home. The more popular brands on the market tend to have perfectly captured the taste and aroma of the traditional spirit ensuring you can still enjoy the full flavours of your favourite tipple, alcohol-free.
For the recipes below we have chosen non-alcoholic spirits from the Seedlip and Lyre ranges- both readily accessible in the UK and Ireland in numerous supermarkets and wine / bottle shops.
45ml Lyre's Coffee Originale
15ml Lyre's White Cane Spirit
45ml premium cold drip or fresh espresso
7.5ml premium vanilla syrup
Coffee bean float
- Dry shake and half fill the shaker with ice. Shake hard briefly, then fine strain.
2. Pour the mixture into a coupette cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with coffee bean float.
75ml Lyre's white cane spirit
30ml lime juice
15ml white sugar syrup (1:1)
8 to10 mint leaves
30ml soda water
Lime wheel and mint sprig (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients into a Highball glass. Fill with fresh cubed ice, stir and add soda.
2. Garnish with lime wheel and plump mint sprig.
50ml Seedlip Grove 42
1tbsp agave syrup
20ml fresh lime juice
Lime and salt (for garnish)
- Run a lime wedge around outside of tumbler glass rim, then roll the rim in salt.
2. Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker
3. Shake, then strain into tumbler
4. Garnish with lime wheel.
30ml Lyre's Dry London Spirit
30ml Lyre's Apéritif Rosso
30ml Lyre's Italian Orange
Orange slice (for garnish)
1. Add all ingredients to an Old Fashioned glass and stir briefly over fresh, cubed ice
50ml Seedlip Grove 42
35ml fresh chilled orange juice
15ml passionfruit pulp
Cold soda water
1. Add all ingredients into a flute, top with sparkling soda & stir gently.
2. Garnish with edible flower